Tuesday 4 March 2008

Homeless at the carnival.

CoPF #142 is up over at The Bag Lady. The bag lady chose a very tough theme, the homeless.

Some of my childhood was spent growing up in Malaysia. Back then, Malaysia was a third world country pretending to be a country in the same company as Australia or England, pseudo wealthy. One of the most striking images while I was growing up was seeing the many homeless people on the streets of Kuala Lumpur. Typically, when my parents drove through the city at night on our way home from the market, I would frequently see many people bedding down to sleep in cardboard boxes as their makeshift homes. I would also see many people begging in the streets, searching for food among the street rubbish bins or trying to keep dry during the monsoonal rain storms. Those images has certainly stayed with me for many years, and always reminded how fortunate I am to have the life that I am living.

Some picks from the among the many good articles from the carnival are:

Canadian Dream asks How Can A Person be 'Debt Free' with a 300K mortgage? I sort of agree with this article, but only if the discussion is limited to mortgages. There is such a thing as good debt, just ask any business starting up.

DebtBeater talks about his moment of truth in My Financial Epiphany. It is a great article and reminds us of a time when we thought that things will never go bad.

The Digerati Life gives some wise warnings in They Want To Make Money Fast.

A big thanks to The Bag Lady for including my discussion article on Would you miss a meal to pay your rent?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you enjoy this post, you may also enjoy the following post:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad you liked it. Thanks for the mention! :D