a handful of pine nuts
2 tablespoon of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 satchel of tomato paste
a quantity of pasta
- Peel the garlic and roughly dice the garlic
- Put the pine nuts and the garlic into a mortar and pound it gently for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the olive oil into the mortar and mix well.
- Leave the mixture to rest for about 10 minutes for the flavour to mix.
- Cook the pasta until it is to your liking.
- Drain the pasta and put into a large steel bowl.
- Pour mixture into the pasta and mix well.
- Stir in the tomato paste and all ingredients are mixed well.
- Serve and eat well.
It took us about 15 minutes to cook this dish, so it is perfect for something on the run.
From a cost perspective, this recipe is dirt cheap. I think that the most expensive ingredient is the pine nuts.
Hope you enjoy this recipe.